Get the InProtect 0.80.0 Beta Here!
For now, let's talk about some of the major changes that we have incorporated into this version.
- Completely revamped menu system, access control driven.
- User customizable dashboard.
- Html and PDF report formats match.
- Exportable xls reports.
- Cleaned up excessive and unneeded sql queries to enhance speed.
- Role-Based permissions.
- Exception list for hosts.
- Host specific lookup capabilities.
- Cleaner interface.
- All passwords are encrypted using user definable cryptographic standards such as blowfish.
- Sensitive data is encrypted.
- Database structure modified to allow for role-based permissions.
- Database structure modified to enhance and improve large query response (including indexing).
- Max server scans are now run in a single session rather than multiple individual sessions, this reduces the load on both the nessus scanner and the InProtect console server.
- Encryption and decryption functions added for sensitive data.
- Multiple unneeded queries removed to enhance performance.
- Query function creation and destruction cleaned up to enhance performance.
New Perl libraries:
So, for now feel free to download and play with it, let me know what you think, I can usually be found in #inprotect on freenode.