As the title indicates, the first beta for v0.2 of pulledpork has just been checked in to the pulledpork svn..
A shortlist of the current featuresets below
- First Beta Release
- Downloads latest rules file
- Verifies MD5 of local rules file
- If MD5 has not changed from snort.org.. doesn't fetch files again
- handle both rules and so_rules
- Capability to generate stub files
- Rule modification, i.e. disabling of specific rules within rule sets (also for GID 3 rules)
- Outputs changes in rules files if any rules have been added / modified
- Compares new rules files with current rule sets
I'll likely be adding a modifysid section to mirror what oinkmaster does with their modifysid function.. but that's probably still a few weeks out.
Having said all of this, please download, test and post any bugs/issues that you find on the google code page for pulledpork or catch me in #snort on freenode.
And now, the gratuatis screenshot ;-)