Friday, September 28, 2007

NessusClient 3.0.0 Beta 4 Bug

In the process of testing and writing my previous post, I missed a bug that seems to exist in Linux and Win32 builds of the NessusClient 3.0.0 Beta 4 (atleast on Windows XP SP2 and FC6). I have it installed on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn but have not connected to a Nessus scanner yet, though I suspect the results will be the same.

This bug is in the Connection Manager, if you do not remove the default Nessus server and create a new one, it will crash the NessusClient.

Shout out to Bruce for the Winblows screenshot and the initial identification that there was a problem!

Conclusion....same as my last posting, the only difference in Beta 4 is that there are newly introduced bugs and the "support" for certificate based authentication to the Nessus server.

Bug opened at: http://bugs.nessus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1641

Cheers,
JJC

No comments: